Answer Key to Do You Know Your Constitution & Bill of Rights?
1. Who is the President of the United States?
2. Who is the Governor of Michigan?
3/4. Name the two U.S. Senators from Michigan:
Carl Levin & Debbie Stabenow
5. How many members of Congress are in the U.S. House of Representatives?
6. Name the 3 branches of the U.S. government:
Legislative, Executive & Judicial (Art. I, II, III)_
7. What is the United States Constitution?(brief)
The written framework of government–oldest in the world_
8. How many articles are in the Constitution?
9. What happened on September 17, 1787?
10. Who really wrote the Constitution?
11. Which state, of the original 13, did not attend?
12. How many names are on the Constitution?
13. Name the delegate who had his name signed by another delegate:
John Dickinson, Del., signed by George Read
14. What is the Bill of Rights?(brief)
1st 10 Amendments
15. Which 3 of the original 13 states did not ratify the Bill of Rights before they took
effect on December 15, 1791?
Connecticut, Massachusetts, Georgia
16. Who was the “Father of the Bill of Rights”?
17. What are the 5 basic freedoms cited in the First Amendment?
speech, press, religion, assembly, petition
18. In 1789, how many amendments were submitted to the states by Congress?
19. How many amendments have been added to the Constitution?
27, as of May 18, 1992, when the Michigan legislature OK’s the “Madison Amendment” preventing salary increases for Members of Congress until after an ensuing election.)
20. Where would you go to see an original copy of the Constitution and the Bill of Rights?
National Archives, Washington, D.C.